Become an Executive
About The Executive Team
Golden Key Concordia Executive is a team of dynamic and committed GK members who are dedicated to linking communities, professionals, GK headquarters and chapters with all our members, and to creating opportunities to upgrade your academic knowledge base, develop your various skills, meet talents from different fields and give back to communities by volunteering activities and philanthropy.
The team combines both undergraduates and graduates. We learn from each other and grow together. Here you will have the opportunity to expand your network, hone your soft skills, and have hands-on experience in planning, organizing and implementing events. We have created a fun and supportive meeting ambiance, where we brainstorm all over the place, have some good laughs, but at the end of the day still come up with a brilliant plan（we wish we had a photographer to capture all those moments). Sounds appealing? Join us NOW.
Why Join Us?
Because you get to...
-Gain experience in leadership buidling;
-Organize interesting events and activities that make a big difference to all stakeholders;
-Learn how to work in small groups and refine your team-playing skills;
-Develop your soft skill sets required in your future work;
-Experience amazing campus life with diverse executives and all other GK members;
-Network with community developers, successful professionals and excellent peers;
- Investigate sources of local funding and coordinate activities. (Food donations for Chapter Meetings or NMREs, Corporate Sponsorship of NMRE, etc.).
- Hold fundraisers for charity work (for disease research, education, animal, children, senior people, emergency service such as natural disasters).
- Coordinate with Community Development and Events to raise funding for events.
- Work with BetterWorld Books to host a successful book drive each semester.
- Recruit fundraising volunteers from the chapter.
- Plan and organize social events for Golden Key members such as cocktails, social gatherings.
- Coordinate with other local chapters to co-host events.
- Be responsible for events details such as venue, food and beverage, guests, event program etc.
- Host academic and professional workshops for Golden Key members.
- Work with Finance team to ensure event costs are within budget.
- Coordinate with Community Development and Fundraising to put activities together
- Manage all chapter communications including mailing lists, Facebook page and other social media.
- Communicate and help resolve member issues.
- Work with Events Director to publish and promote events on campus.
- Reach out to campus news outlets and other campus organizations.
- Strong computer proficiency is required for this role, especially in the domain of managing email lists and list-servs.
* Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned. Golden Key Concordia Executive members work as a team to achieve success. We share tasks and responsibilities, as well as joy and fun.
Please send your updated CV and cover letter stating your intent, relevant experience in the position you are applying for, your potential year of graduation to:
The deadline to apply is April 1 2017 at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions in terms of applying, you may email us or leave us a message on Facebook. We appreciate your applications however please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.